The duration of a drug prescription will depend on the condition being treated. Acute infections may require treatment for 3 to 14 days while long-term health conditions, like diabetes or hypertension, will require indefinite treatment. Long term medicines are usually written for a 30 day supply with 6 refills. If you have a mail order drug plan, we may need to write a separate prescription for a 90 day supply with refills.
- Please plan ahead – ask for refills when you visit your provider.
- Call your pharmacy to request a refill. They will contact us.
- Allow 48 business hours for refills to be processed.
- If you have not seen your provider in the past 6 months, please make an office appointment to discuss the refill.
- Be aware that some prescriptions and insurance forms will require an office appointment.
- We do not refill narcotics or tranquilizers after hours.
- Patients requesting refills need to speak with a receptionist or fax in their requests to 703-370-7214.
Faxing your request to 703-370-7214
If you are faxing in your request, please provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
- Home/Work Phone Number
- Prescription you want refilled
- Amount requested
- Pharmacy phone number